Due to food being a commonality within the human race the ties between food and friends are very strong. I often find that aside from recreation its hard to gather with friends without at least having a drink. Not only is this true for social connections but also in business and family. Here in Seattle I've learned that preferences for things such as food often determine social connections.
If the word "sushi" was ever spoken in Spokane, I know for a fact I wasn't listening! When I moved to Bellevue I soon realized there were actually people addicted to one of the few meats I prefer never to see, smell or touch and not only that but they slurped it down completely raw with the skin. Never had I hated fish more than when I dated a girl in high school who decided her only decent source of protein could come from a slimy, smelly creature that swims through polluted water. When I began classes at Seattle Central I started to think that if I wasn't "down with sushi" I was going to have a hard time making friends. Luckily for me, I love coffee and had been severely deprived of decent, non-corporate caramel lattes. As we moved through the long, rainy season I soon realized I had little to worry about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment